You have a lifetime to work, but children are only young once. ~Polish Proverb

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Double the Trouble!!

Happy Father's Day to Jake and our Dads, and Happy Birthday to Gwynie! For the first time in 10 years, Gwynie's birthday fell on Father's Day! It was super fun celebrating the special occasion because we had so much to celebrate!

We went out to Jake's Mom and Dad's for a BBQ, and we took the cake that my friend Sharon had made for Gwynie.

Now, you all know how sarcastic I can be, yes? No?! Gee, you must not know me at all!! Well I really am, and I'm quite the smart ass. Yep, shocker I know. So here's a fun little story for ya about how I can actually be NICE sometimes! Yeah, I heard that...you just fell out of your chair. Its ok, just pick you and your jaw up off the floor now....

My Father-in-law Wayne has a certain way to put a hamburger together. Something about how the mayo goes on the top bun and the ketchup goes on the bottom bun, or...I don't know something along those lines. Everything has to be in a certain order and if its not in that order he says it doesn't taste right. He calls it the "Perfect Burger". So here was the convo as me, Jake, Dustin (Jake's older brother) and Wayne were putting our burgers together.

Wayne: (to us) You're doin it wrong! That's not the way it goes!
Dustin: Its ok Dad. At least one of your kids knows how to make a burger the right way. I know perfection when I see it.
ME: Well then I must know perfection when I see it too, because I married JAKE!!
*Kandi and Jake high five*
Score bonus points for me on Father's Day!! Wooo! :)

Alright, enough of the chitty chat for now, here are my favorite pics from the day! :) How I managed to not get any of Jake and both kids is beyond me...





Gwynie is modeling her new jewelery my Mom made for her! The necklace, bracelet and earrings are so cute!



Gwynie and her froggy cake!

No comments: