You have a lifetime to work, but children are only young once. ~Polish Proverb

Saturday, February 14, 2009

For My Husband

Wednesday was Jake's birthday, and since today is Valentine's Day I thought I would make a "special" post for him. (Hehe, if you got the special bit...yay for you! Fun family joke!)

So, here are 10 random facts about my hubby!


For My Husband

1. Jake's Mom's due date was actually Valentine's day. His Aunt told his Mom if he was born on V-day then they should name him Valentino. Good thing he was born on the 11th!

2. Jake wrestled for 15 years! He started at 5 and ended his season at Western at the age of 20, after undergoing knee surgery. He had his knee scoped and that ended his career. While in High School Jake went to Regionals twice, once to Pennsylvania, and once to North Carolina. He's really excited for Brady to start wrestling next month!

3. Jake has no middle name. I tell him his middle name is "Mine" to which he just says, "Yes Dear."

4. Jake is a true sports man. He can recall obscure facts about any sport (well maybe not hockey...but then again who does?) and rattle them off at any given point. He can also tell you the stats of almost every player.

5. Jake is a horrible speller. I think all the sports info blocks that part of his brain. :)

6. His Mom and my Mom are the only ones who call him Jacob. I do occasionally, mostly when I'm mad at him. But then it's Jaaaccoooobbb, because I'm whining at him.

7. In my Anatomy and Physiology class in high school I named my fetal pig Jake. Coincidence?

8. Jake HATES tomatoes. It's all about the texture. He says I've poisoned the kids because they love tomatoes. He will eat things with tomatoes in them, but never a slice or a cherry tomato itself.

9. Jake is a sleepwalker. His Mom tells us about the time when he took out the garbage in his sleep. Why can't he do that now??

10. Jake is an amazing cook. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't eat...or we would eat cereal a lot!


I saw this on my cousin Melissa's blog awhile back, so here it is!

1. What is his name? Jacob "Mine" Phillips
2. Who eats more? He does
3. Who said "I love you" first? Totally Him
4. Who is taller? About even, but him by an inch
5. Who is smarter? Of course me... duh
6. Who is more sensitive? Me for sure but he is a caring guy
7. Who does the laundry? Me - he ruins clothes so I won't let him, that or he's a sneaky bastard and knows how to get out of it
8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? That would be me
9. Who pays the bills? Hmm... he does all the bill paying online, but I'm the one to remind him that they're due
10. Who cooks more?Actually, Definitely, HIM!
11. What meals do you cook together? None? I'll help every now and then if he's lucky
12. Who is more stubborn? That would be neck in neck if it were a race
13. Who is the first to admit they're wrong? I'm never wrong so this question doesn't pertain to me! :) So I'd say him...but we both hate to admit it.
14. Who has more siblings? Me
15. Who wears the pants in the relationship? He wears them, I just pick out which ones he wears, oh and I control the zipper
16. What do you like to do together? Just about anything
17. Who eats more sweets? Sixes, we both like sweets and are addicted to Twizzlers
18. His guilty pleasures? Guns, Poker, Rum and Coke...He's a modern day Captn Jack ;)
19. How did you meet? Lol, his roomate in college who was my boyfriend at the time...long, long story...
20. Who asked who out first? He did, but we were friends first and shopped a lot together
21. Who proposed? Him of course
22. Who kissed who first? It was def. him
23. His best features? His eyes and his smile
24. His greatest quality? He loves me and the kids so much. He would do anything for us, so I would say it's his caring heart, oh and his ability to put up with me.
25. Tag: Anyone with hubbies or significant others that wants to!

I LOVE YOU JAKE!!!


Jake, Nick and George...good friends and good times!


My sweet, cute hubby!

No comments: