You have a lifetime to work, but children are only young once. ~Polish Proverb

Sunday, November 23, 2008

You know you're old when....

Tonight I was telling Gwynie that I was surprised she didn't read that often, only the 15 minutes a day for homework. Coming from the women in my family it's tantamount to a travesty, a betrayal of gigantic proportions, a traitor in our midst. Chalk it up to her being 9 Jake tells me. Well I wasn't satisfied with his answer and stated I've always been a reader. My previous post must have been weighing on my mind. Here is how our convo went:

Me: *venting and ranting about how I always read, blah, blah*
Jake: Right, but when you were a kid you didn't have computer games, a DS, or legos to keep you busy.
Gwynie: Yeah, or TV.
Me: We had TV when we were kids Gwynie.
Gwynie: Oh, really? Cause that's like out of the 80s.
Jake & Kandi: *explode into a fit of laughter*
Jake: Gwynie, we were born in the 80s, how old do you think we are?!!!
Kandi: *makes mental note that Gwynie is as blonde as her* *oh, and to remember/find out when tvs were made*

I have to say, we always have these kind of conversations at our house. Something unexpected or just funny questions from the kids prompt hilarious conversations.

No comments: