You have a lifetime to work, but children are only young once. ~Polish Proverb

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day!!

OBAMA FTW!!!

I can't tell you how excited I am that this day has arrived, that the Democrats took the Senate and Obama was elected President. Sure some of you out there may disagree, but don't spoil this with any negative comments. I am so happy to live in a country where we do have the choices and freedoms we have, and that we can express that! Although there is a long road ahead of us, I truly believe Obama is the man that can help lead us there. He may not be perfect, and I might not agree with everything he does, but I know that he is (based on tonight's speech), a very loving, humble, and confident man. It really gives me hope that we did vote for change and that our voices were heard. I am devastated about Prop 8 and 2 (FL) however. I won't go into anymore detail because its a FAMILY blog (not my personal one) and I reserve the right to only post happy family stuff on here. Besides, I'd probably just get people mad at me...

Ok, I'll get off my political soapbox now and just share a couple pics. I still have to post Halloween, but in the spirit of election....





After we voted we got stickers for the kids, too!! Brady was like "oh cool a sticker", but Gwynie really understood everything that was going on, and watched most of the coverage with me tonight. She thought it was cool she could wear her "I Voted" sticker and say that she would have voted for Obama.

There was a part in his speech that really made me pause. He said:

"What we've already achieved gives us hope for what we can and must achieve tomorrow."




And for those that know how bad I hate Palin....I seriously can't believe she wants to run in 2012...


1 comment:

The Wehrweins said...

Hey Kandi- this is your cousin Mandy (McCarthy). I'm happy to find a Democrat amidst the Merritt family! :) LaNetta and Richard came over to visit us (my family and my mom live in Arizona now) the week before the election. I'm sure you can imagine what your Grandpa Richard had to say... You look Great! LaNetta never brings pictures of you, only of your kids. :)